Long Term Deposits
Long term deposits - from one year to five years - are the cornerstone of any savings or investment plan.
Available as redeemable, non-redeemable, monthly interest, and U.S. dollar term deposits.
- Redeemable long term deposits provide greater flexibility at a fixed rate of interest. Interest is non-compounding: it will pay annually to a chequing or savings account. Partial withdrawals are pemitted on one year term deposits (one withdrawal per quarter). An initial $1,000.00 minimum deposit is required; this is reduced to $500.00 for Junior members
- Non-redeemable Long term deposits pay a higher fixed rate of interest. Interest can be paid annually to a chequing or savings account or it can compound - earning interest upon interest. An initial $1,000.00 minimum deposit is required; this is reduced to $100.00 for Junior members.
- Monthly interest Long term deposits pay fixed interest earned every month into a chequing or savings account. Requiring a minimum balance of $5,000.00 and non-redeemable for its length, monthly interest Long term deposits are available in 9, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48 or 60 month terms.
- Non-redeemable Long term deposits denominated in U.S. funds. With a minimum deposit of $1,000.00 you can protect your U.S. dollars from currency fluctuations and earn higher interest over the longer term
Terms & Conditions
- Term lengths of 9 months (monthly-interest only ), 12 months, 15 month,18 months, 24 months, 36 months, 48 months, 60 months
- Minimum deposit of $1,000.00 for redeemable, non-redeemable and U.S. dollar terms
- Minimum deposit of $5,000.00 monthly interest terms
- Fixed interest rate
- Redeemable terms may carry a penalty for early withdrawals
- Non-redeemable, monthly interest, U.S. dollar are not redeemable
- Redeemable interest paid annually to chequing or savings account
- Non-redeemable interest paid annually to chequing or savings account
- Monthly interest paid monthly to chequing or savings account
- U.S. dollar interest paid annually to USD chequing or USD savings account
- Redeemable terms allow for partial withdrawals on one year term
Talk to a Financial Expert today.
Our financial experts will answer any of your term deposit questions. Call us at 604-517-0100 or send us your question online and we'll respond to you within one business day.