AVP, Wealth Management
Westminster Savings is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s 50 Best Employers. We’ve created a culture that reflects our desire to work collaboratively with our employees, our customers and our communities. And our employees tell us that they are proud to share our values of caring, integrity, teamwork, innovation and passion for excellence.
As the Assistant Vice-President, Wealth Management, you will balance your functional responsibilities of managing the organization’s wealth management and your senior role in the design, development and execution of organizational strategies and plans. Achieving this balance will ensure our business goals and objectives are met and/or exceeded.
Your enhanced responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Strategy development and implementation
- Organizational performance
- People leadership, including coaching and mentoring to managers
Your functional responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, oversight of:
- increasing and adding value to the wealth management portfolio
- identifying emerging trends and best practices in all aspects of the delivery of wealth products and services
- developing measures and monitoring performance of wealth operations and ongoing effectiveness of reporting requirements
- designing and implementing the customer experience for wealth management clients
- ensuring the credit union is current and compliant with legislation and regulations affecting wealth management operations and customer service delivery
- collaborating with People Services to create and deliver training related to new and existing wealth management products and services and work in partnership with Marketing for branding, marketing and promotions
You bring to our team:
- The desire to contribute your skills in a collaborative environment and have a positive impact in the achievement of our purpose, vision and values
- A strong customer focus where you demonstrate that our customers and members are of central importance
- A minimum of seven to ten years in a management capacity in the area of wealth management, which includes a minimum of three years in a senior management role
- Financial Planning role or equivalent experience required and must possess your CFP and be insurance licensed
- A university degree in a related discipline
- Alternately, you possess an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Expert knowledge of wealth management
- Proven leadership and coaching abilities with an emphasis on developing people’s potential
- Strong problem solving using your critical thinking and analytical abilities
- Excellent communication skills - interpersonal, oral and written
Job Reference Number
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate in the subject line or in the body of your email where you saw the advertising for this position. Thank you.
We thank all who apply, however only applicants short-listed for an interview will be contacted.