Mobile App Banking
About Mobile App Banking
Mobile App Banking
With the free Westminster Savings Mobile App, it’s easy to bank on the go – anywhere, any time. The Westminster Savings Mobile App is available on the App Store or Google Play.
The Westminster Savings App is fully optimized for AndroidTM, iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad devices and will allow you to log in to Online Banking anywhere, any time.
Mobile banking with Westminster Savings is quick, intuitive and secure.
- Check account balances
- View recent transactions
- Pay bills
- Securely deposit a cheque using your smartphone or tablet
- Transfer funds between WSCU accounts
- Send funds securely with Interac® e-Transfer
- Locate branches and ATMs with your phone's GPS locator
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I download the Westminster Savings Mobile App on my AndroidTM, iPhone, iPad or iPod?
- What is QuickView?
- Does the QuickView feature automatically display my balances?
- Will the mobile app work if I have a shared or joint account?
- If my phone is lost or stolen, will my banking information be at risk?
How do I download the Westminster Savings Mobile App on my AndroidTM, iPhone, iPad or iPod?
Using your iPhone, iPad or iPod search for Westminster Savings in Google Play or from the App Store. Select the app icon, and verify that the author of the app is Westminster Savings Credit Union Tap the icon marked "Free," then tap again when it changes to "Install". When prompted, enter your App Store credentials.
You can also download the App from a computer that has iTunes installed. From within iTunes, search for Westminster Savings and download. You'll need to sync your Apple device to transfer the App from your computer.
What is QuickView?
The QuickView feature displays the balances of your selected accounts at any time the app is open, without needing to login.
Does the QuickView feature automatically display my balances?
The default setting of the QuickView feature is "Off". You can turn on QuickView under Settings / Preferences on the mobile app.
Will the mobile app work if I have a shared or joint account?
Yes. Simply enter your account details as you normally would in Online Banking.
If my phone is lost or stolen, will my banking information be at risk?
Your account can only be accessed by entering your Password. However, if you've activated the QuickView feature, your account balances will be visible. For additional security, we recommend you keep your device password protected. Other transactions on your account can only be accessed if someone knows your personal access code.
Contact your mobile carrier to have your phone deactivated. If you are concerned about your personal access code for online banking being at risk, contact Westminster Savings at 604-517-0100 or toll-free 1-877-506-0100. After hours, call 1-866-758-5678.
Securely deposit a cheque to your personal or business account anytime, anywhere through a few simple steps that are as easy as taking a picture!
It’s like having a Westminster Savings branch wherever you happen to be.
Spend less time banking and more time on what's important to you.
- Saves time
- More convenient than manual deposits
- As easy as taking a picture
- As secure as physical cheque cashing
For your business
- Works wherever business takes you 24/7
- Streamlines accounting tasks
- Improves cash flow
- Easy to implement
It’s free. It’s secure. It’s easy to get started.
To get Deposit Anywhere™ and all the other great features of Mobile Banking you need to download the app from the App Store or Google Play. In order to access your account from a mobile device, you must be registered for Westminster Savings online banking. If you do not currently have access, please visit your nearest branch or contact the Member Service Centre (604-517-0100).
- Android operating system 4.0 and up.
- Apple mobile device running iOS 5.0 or later.
Here’s how it works.
- Log in to the Westminster Savings mobile banking app, and choose the Deposit icon.A mini-tutorial will display. Select Don't show again to remove the tutorial on future use.
- Select Get Started and choose the account type that the deposit is going into.
- Enter the dollar amount of the cheque to be deposited.
- Take a photo of the front of the cheque. If the image is crooked or looks too dark, select Retake to take the photo again. Select Use when the photo is good then repeat the process for the back of the cheque. Select Continue when done. Don’t worry - if the cheque images aren’t legible enough, a message will display to let you know.
- Confirm the deposit details and submit.
- A confirmation screen will display that the deposit has been received.
- Write “Deposited” across the front of the cheque to prevent accidental duplicate deposits in future.
- Keep the cheque for 90 days then destroy. You do not need to send the cheque to us. Destroy the cheque after 90 days, but within 120 days of depositing.
- The deposit will be seen immediately in your account activity but will not be included in the available balance. Similar to deposits at an ATM or in the branch, there are often holds on deposit items and the funds require time to clear. If you require access to the funds immediately or you want to know when the funds will be available for you to use, please call our Member Service Centre at 604 517 0100 or 1 877 506 0100
- If you have more than one cheque to deposit, this process must be repeated for each item.
Tips for taking an acceptable photo image:
- Lighting must be adequate for the image to be easily read
- Place the cheque on a flat, dark surface free of other papers
- Ensure that the cheque is straight
- Take the photo so that the cheque fills the area between the white brackets displayed on the screen
- The bottom of the cheque cannot be folded or bent
- If you are having trouble depositing a cheque, please call our Member Service Centre for assistance at 604 517 0100 or 1 877 506 0100
Items ineligible for deposit are:
- Cheques drawn on non-Canadian financial institutions and/or non-Canadian dollar cheques
- Cheques that have already been deposited using Deposit Anywhere™
What devices are supported?
Current eligible Apple devices are iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPad 2, iPad 3 and iPod Touch. Minimum operating system is iOS 5.0. Android supported devices require operating systems that are 4.0 and up.
When a deposit is made using Deposit Anywhere™, is the money available for me to use right away?
The deposit will be seen immediately in your account activity but will not be included in the available balance. Similar to deposits at an ATM or in the branch, there are often holds on deposit items and the funds require time to clear. Holds can also be extended for a variety of reasons (e.g. stale date, post-date, chargeback). If you want to know when the money will be available, or you need access to it immediately, please call the Member Service Centre at 604 517 0100 or 1 877 506 0100.
Can multiple cheques be deposited in one transaction?
No, each cheque must be deposited separately. Once the deposit is confirmed and accepted, you will receive a receipt confirmation message that it was successfully posted to the account. You will then have the option to deposit another cheque.
Can I deposit a US dollar cheque?
Only Canadian dollar cheques can be deposited, and only into accounts located in Canada. The ability to deposit US dollar cheques drawn on US financial institutions, or US Dollar cheques drawn on Canadian financial institutions, is being developed.
Can members deposit cash using Deposit Anywhere™?
No, only cheques are accepted using this service.
Is there a dollar limit per individual cheque deposit, a daily deposit limit or maximum number of cheques that can be deposited per day?
There is no deposit dollar limit. Only one cheque can be deposited at a time. There is no daily limit on the number of Deposit Anywhere™ transactions.
Do I need to endorse the back of the cheque I am depositing?
You can endorse the back of the cheque, but signing into the mobile banking app effectively serves as your digital endorsement.
What should I do with the cheque after I deposit it?
After depositing a cheque via Deposit Anywhere™, you should write “Deposited” across the face of the item. This will serve as a reminder it’s been done to prevent future accidental duplicate deposits. Store the cheque safely for 90 days as proof of transaction, and destroy it within 120 days from depositing it. You are not required to mail in the physical cheque.
What happens if the right amount isn’t entered?
You have the opportunity to review details and make changes on the deposit confirmation screen before submitting. We double-check information of the deposit to help ensure that the right amount is put securely into your account. If you have any questions about the cheques you submit, please call the Member Service Centre at 604 517 0100 for assistance.
Is there a history of uploaded deposits?
Deposits made using Deposit Anywhere™ will be in the account activity listing of the app. The Canadian Payments Association (CPA) requires that cheque images be purged after the transaction is complete to prevent access to personal information if the device is lost or stolen.
Is depositing a cheque with a mobile phone safe?
Deposit Anywhere™ is safe and secure. This service is not a third-party app and does not require a separate download. By including it within the mobile banking app, your mobile banking transactions to Westminster Savings are protected and confidential. Cheque images are not stored on your device and are purged once the transaction is complete to prevent visibility of your personal information if the device is lost or stolen. Public and free Wi-Fi connections should not be used for banking transactions; for enhanced security we recommend that you use your carrier’s internet connection.
If a cheque is returned after being deposited using Deposit Anywhere™, can I deposit it again? (e.g. chargeback, stale date or post-date)
Cheques deposited are ineligible for re-deposit. You will need to request another cheque from the payor.
Are members required to mail in the physical cheque?
No, members are not required to send in the physical cheques that were deposited using the mobile deposit service.
Are cheques deposited using Deposit Anywhere™ viewable in the cheque image return service with statements?
Yes, just as if the cheque was deposited through an ATM or in the branch.
What does Deposit Anywhere™ cost?
Deposit Anywhere is free; deposits made to a business account using Deposit Anywhere do not have a per item charge. Although Westminster Savings does not currently charge for the service, members may be subject to fees from their wireless carrier.